You might have noticed, many of the recipes on this site are made in a skillet. I’m all about easy to make and easy to clean. I add some cut-up veggies or fruit to round out the meal.
1. 1# Italian Turkey Sausage
2. 1C Tomato Sauce (it may be pasta or pizza sauce or can of straight tomato sauce)
3. 1 can tomatoes, diced or chopped
4. 8oz pasta, small is easiest to manage in skillet
5. Small bag (6-8oz) of Baby Spinach leaves
5. 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, part-skim
6. 1 1/2 cup nearly boiling water
1. Cook sausage thoroughly & drain.
2. Add tomatoes, sauce, pasta and water. Boil.
3. Cover pan and decrease temperature to a simmer until pasta is al dente (~12 minutes).
4. Add spinach. Stir in mixture. Turn off heat and add cheese.
Nutrition Info (serves 8): Calories: 259, Carbohydrate: 27gm, Protein: 20gm, Fat: 8gm, Fiber: 2gm, Sodium: 695
I’d love to hear if you make and like this recipe!