This recipe is AMAZING. It is not really a weeknight recipe, it takes a little more effort than I usually can manage at the end of the day, but it is perfect for a Sunday night dinner. I found the original recipe many years ago on the back of a peanut butter jar, but have changed it to make it a little healthier. I usually serve with brown rice and some fresh fruit. I just have to mention, a single serving of chicken breast is 4 oz. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but many of the chicken breasts in the store are closer to 6-8 oz. The size of the breast DOES matter! I don’t know how they get so big, but an 8 oz breast is really two servings. This makes a difference in total calories of the meal!
Curry Chicken with Peanut Sauce
2 T canola oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1C onion, chopped
1C red, green or yellow bell pepper
4 (4 oz) Chicken Breast, skinless, boneless
1C Greek Yogurt
1/2 c Peanut Butter, extra crunchy
1. Heat oil in large pan/skillet. Add garlic, onion and pepper and cook until tender.
2. Stir in curry powder for a couple of minutes until mixed well.
3. Season chicken with salt/pepper and place in skillet. Cook on both sides until done.
4. Stir in peanut butter and heat until warm. Add greek yogurt and mix well.
5. Cook for 5 minutes on low to medium heat until sauce is hot. Do not cook on high because the yogurt may separate and not look yummy. If this happens, it is still okay to eat, it just doesn’t look great.
6. Add salt, pepper, curry powder as needed.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 427, Protein 37, Carbohydrate 20 , Fat 25, Fiber 4, Sodium 393